Women who are nearing the age of menopause and who are experiencing physical, health, and emotional changes may have decreasing estrogen levels.
Health & Beauty Physicians offers estrogen replacement therapy to help restore your body. Our advanced approach delivers doses that are carefully calculated for your needs and that offer time-released treatment more in line with natural hormone release.
Why Estrogen Replacement Therapy?
Estrogen is the set of hormones responsible for female characteristics, sexual functioning, and other aspects of a woman’s health. As you age and approach menopause, your estrogen levels may decline.
Decreased estrogen can lead to symptoms that include:
- Hot flashes and night sweats.
- Vaginal dryness, itching, burning, and discomfort with intercourse.
- Osteoperosis (bone thinning).
- Irritability and mood swings.
Estrogen replacement therapy can address many of these issues. Dr. Sani will help you determine if you are a good candidate for treatment, considering several factors:
- Whether you are approaching menopause or have recently begun to experience menopause.
- Your age, health, family medical history, and heart and cancer risk.
- The dose and type of estrogen you require.
Conflicting studies on the use and risks related to estrogen replacement therapy means that you should enter treatment well informed and guided by a physician who prioritizes your care. Dr. Sani will help you make an informed decision and can talk with you about the benefits, concerns, and questions you may have.
What is Estrogen Replacement Therapy?
Health & Beauty Physicians employs an estrogen replacement therapy approach that time-releases hormones into the bloodstream. Rather than receiving a single dose all at one time, estrogen enters your system over a period of 4-6 months. This more accurately simulates the physiology of your natural release.
In the procedure:
- Dr. Sani will use lidocaine to numb the area so that you do not feel discomfort.
- He will make a very small incision (about 3 millimeters) and place a hormone release pellet.
- The incision will be small enough that you shouldn’t require any sutures and that it should heal on its own.
As an estrogen replacement therapy patient, you may receive treatment every 4-6 months to maintain appropriate levels. Unlike cream-based hormone treatments, there is almost no risk of the estrogen affecting those with whom you come into contact.
Over time, our patients regularly report significant improvements in the way that they feel and in the severity of hot flashes, sexual issues, and emotional swings. Some also benefit from a more youthful appearance—skin, hair, and muscle tone—which they attribute to the procedure.
Learn more about treatment in Sunnyvale and San Jose. Estrogen replacement therapy patients can schedule a consultation with our practice by calling (408) 636-7101 or contacting us online.